Why companies need visual content in 2023
Visual content in marketing is becoming more important in today’s digital world. Visuals can make a huge impact on the success of your marketing campaigns. People process images much faster than text and remember visual information much better. By using images, videos, or infographics, you can grab your audience’s attention faster and more effectively. This article will discuss 7 tips for using visual content marketing.
Stats and facts have shown that our brains only need 1/10 of a second to understand an image, whereas reading 200-250 words takes an average of 60 seconds. A website’s click-through-rate (CTR) is about 47% higher for sites that contain images. Posts that contain infographics grow 12% more traffic and receive 200% more shares than posts without images. Content with relevant images gets 94% more views than content without relevant images.
Tweets with images receive 18% more clicks and 150% more retweets than tweets without images. In addition, Facebook posts with images receive 3.2 times more engagement than those without images, while LinkedIn posts with images generate a 98% higher comment rate. Finally, videos generate 80% more conversions and by 2021, 78% of all data traffic is expected to consist of videos.
The following 7 strategies will help you to grow with your visual content:
- Try to choose images easily understood and add value to your content. Stock photos can appear impersonal, so choose eye-catch images that can convey your message in a simple way. You should also use impressive and relevant photos, images, or videos that add value to your content and simplify your message because these visuals can be a short documentary video, a funny meme, or an emotional photo with a quote, depending on the context in which they are used.
- Use various image types and formats such as graphs, illustrations, screenshots, screencasts, infographics, or checklists. Think about the different ways you can visually present or support your content. For example, you can turn facts and statistics into graphs and illustrations, create photos of products you mention, add screenshots or screencasts to tutorials, summarize important facts in a compelling infographic, or create a graphical checklist or visual summary of your post.
- Observe copyright laws and get a license or written permission for any images you do not create. Copyrights protect all visuals, and sharing copyrighted images is subject to infringement, even if done unknowingly. Make sure to have a written permission/license to use any images that you do not create.
- work on your images and videos to become SEO friendly by adding the right keywords and descriptions. Don’t forget that including an ALT tag in the source code to describe your image because that helps to make them healthy for SEO according to social media platforms and search engines algorithm. As we all know, visual search has increased dramatically, and enhancing your visuals with keywords and descriptions makes them not only ready but also competitive for visual search in search engines like Google, Yahoo, or Bing. So, always include an ALT attribute in the source code to describe your image using keywords and a strong description.
- Add social media buttons to your visuals. By doing so, your blog or website visitors can easily share your content on social media. You can also add social sharing buttons to your posts and website, especially for infographics and other shareable images, to make it easy for your audience to share your visuals on social media and increase the reach.
- Share all your images and videos across your social media channels and know the best image sizes for each network. Cross-promoting your visuals on social media can increase visibility for your content. Having images ready to fit in a relevant platform shows that you are putting in an effort to make you visually appealing, and that will eventually reflect well on your brand awareness and hopefully conversion.
- Know the best image sizes for individual networks to avoid pixelated or distorted images. When you share a blog post or other content article on social media, use the link post format (only the featured post picture will be shared) and the image post format (multiple images or videos can be shared). This way, you can showcase more of your visuals and increase engagement.
As a final advice from Hexa, don’t forget to share your content with a link post and an image post format. By following these 7 tips, you can ensure that your visual content marketing is effective and engaging. Always keep in mind that visual elements are really crucial to your content marketing and social media strategy, so always include images, videos, or infographics in each post. but if you are not sure how to handle that, call Hexa to handle your job and achieve all your goals.